Saturday, November 1, 2008

Repositorium

When the serotonin is right, slick and viscous psychic surfground, I go back and look at things I've done. Things I've accomplished.

One of those is music, a force that defined and pursued me for the first 30 or so. Started pulling out the cassettes a couple of nights ago. Holy shit, 20 years old - some a little more, some a little less.

Yup, the production is shite*. The musicianship ranges from nice to groundbreakingly sacharine or plain sloppy.

And yup, I stand behind it. Would have liked to have seen what could have happened to this stuff with better production, more self esteem, starting piano earlier than y20. So let's start chucking this up to the noosphere. Forward ho, gamey songster!

*Four track Yamaha with a six channel mixer. Literally used casette tapes, a special metallic tape let the machine recognize it as media and split it into four tracks. So I'd record click track, then drum's triggered from a keyboard, similarly bass, then bounce down, add vox, bounce down, then the lead. And the four track had a storied history of ghosting tracks. Which meant for a lot of the stuff I did, I had one chance to get it right or live with faint out of tune mischief musical sprites splayed under the song.

The Leader and the Fool

No comments:

Blog Archive