Friday, February 20, 2009

Northern Criss Cross

Cool out tonite. Glass window in front of the treadmill provides a good vantage point from the interior to the exterior of the building, and from the exterior to the interior of me.

Harness yourself in behind me, come along for the ride.

Start of with a survey of the reflection. Window is pretty clean, I look stronger than I feel inside, stare at my face and then slowly a non-Newtonian gravitas brings the eyes down and I'm looking at the endless cycle of the feet and legs, running forever to nowhere.

Soften it up a little bit more now, droop the lids half way down, and split the vision screen - above, it's inside me, below it's outside of me.

And now, softening the gaze more, and hearkening back to days of dustled music stands and first chairs where peripheral vision was cultivated, my vision spreads out and the games begin

Legs elongate and striate into chicken silly putty absurdities; feet are probably still there, it's not that they've disappeared, it's that they're just not part of the picture.

Soften more, and I am now out of the picture; the games go on to my left and right but I'M not there. Visually anyways.

Gravitas reverses and I'm looking at the window again; I'm back in the picture. My exterior is not alone though; a layer away through the glass and closing fast are soccer players coming in off the field, heading to warm cars and homes and away from the things that went bump in the night and I'm watching my legs again

Vertical continuum

Then the soccer players - Horizontal continuum

Then the join.

On this side of the glass, my exterior dancing up and down.

On that side of the glass, their exteriors walking forward.

Up down, across. Up and down, across.

My exterior from the building's interior reaches out and touches their exteriors reaching out from the exterior of the building.

Exterior -> interior
or if we cancel it out, we have two exteriors converging on an interior, which might explain what happens next

Synapses swirl and shift and try to compensate for this circle of activity that feels to be pulling clockwise and counterclockwise at the same time and

a ribbon of blue extends into the sky and below the feet, opening a column deep into the earth; through the earth; now umbrella-ing out above and below and touching; circle completing and ...

... and I am in the middle of the earth, gravitas in four directions now, then 8, then 16, then 32 and within second infinity

...the explosion joins my infinity and the circle infinity

Global EMDR

Patterns quilt and spiral and collapse and rebuild and my face is in all of them it's mirrors into mirrors into mirrors and my face is moving from front to back in the mirrors, becoming subject

Explosion and I rub my eyes

Soccer players are half way to the parking lot

I savor the after image, and keep on.

namaste


No comments:

Blog Archive