Friday, October 28, 2011

The Muse is Dead, Long Live the Muse



Sunlight - the color of birdsong;  touch - the feel of umami.

This synaesthetic puzzle was all that was provided and yet I found you,  Lady,  high up in the barren tree,  looking to the horizon,  apparently waiting for my return.

Yet I'm not sure what you want.

Coaxing has never worked -  the only times it came close I was left with stillborn ideas,  shivering in evanescent light.

Innocent lookarounds through your houses?  Two of them have disappeared completely off the map - god help them -   and the third was locked tight,  although I knew you were in there.  (I could hear footsteps from the piano to the kettle,  your tells are not as airtight as they once were).

So,  here we are,  needing a Vince Ready - or the idea of the idea of a Vince Ready,  able to at least ladder  me up to eye level so we could talk.

Instead, I open my mind to you:

Green, undulating hills;  ladders everywhere,  dancing under the criss-cross-criss-cross of high wires over head.  Connections made,  sparks flying and hitting the ground. More often than not they sizzle out with the sound of sad confusion,  but other times,  a new ladder,  a new connection.

Moons launching from the closest valley;  or sound and vibration; or a crack where I can see the universe spinning wildly out (in) control.

A spark of interest there - you've let your hair down,  but you're still way out of reach.

I knew it would come to this,  but you of all people have to know the heart is sacred space,  and I have as much chance of opening it as you would of releasing night-terrors in a kindergarten.

You're not buying it.

And as hard as it is to say,  I'm ok with that.  I'm tired of hiding behind the metaphors and layered images and text-trickery.  I just want to weep.

For misunderstandings,  lack of connection,  fear,  doubt,  hurt,  anger,  neuroses, barren lovelessness and demons born of synaptic pathology - all the illusions that spawn from the apparent-ness of other-ness.

The trick here is -  like breath - you straddle the I Am and I Am That.  The causal and the manifest.

That,  plus the honest tears,  seem to have done it.  Thanks for coming down.

I'll follow your lead for a while.


Namaste.


















No comments:

Blog Archive