Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Scott Kiloby: wise, compassionate, loving, and insightful.

via: Scott Kiloby's' FB: Once I make a strict division between what is "out there" in you, and what is "in here" in me, I will get busy defining you against me. All of the interpreting about what is wrong with you and how you should be different, speak differently, or act differently is more about trying to define and maintain a self. The interpreting benefits me, each time, without much care to how the interpreting affects you. And saying that there is no me and no you doesn't necessarily release this inherent belief in division. As an intellectual game, spiritual insights can easily be another way to define you--the one who doesn't see--against me--the one who sees. In this way, I cannot trust my judgments of you to reveal who you really are, whether they are profound, mundane, spiritual or unspiritual. They are mostly a self-serving act of violence. When we both turn inward to see this division-making, we cannot help but meet as love.

No comments:

Blog Archive